Cannabidiol Kills Numerous Types Of Breast Cancer
A recent study(¹) corroborated previously published findings(²) from 2011, showing that Cannabidiol (CBD) – the non-psychoactive compound in cannabis – targets and kills breast cancer without harming healthy cells!
The two, separate studies sought to determine whether CBD would be useful in fighting numerous types of breast cancer including the more aggressive MDA-MB-231 (triple-negative) and SK-BR-3 (HER2), as well as the less aggressive, hormone-influenced MCF-7 and ZR-75-1 (estrogen-receptor positive).
Both studies confirmed that this beneficial cannabis compound kills multiple types of breast cancer cells, prevents the breast cancer from spreading, and also helps to increase the effectiveness of traditional chemotherapy drugs.
How CBD Kills Breast Cancer
CBD prevents and reverses breast cancer in a multitude of ways, some of which I’ve detailed below:
CBD binds to and increases PPARƴ function
PPARƴ is a protein which prevents cancer cells from spreading, prevents tumors from growing larger, and initiates automatic cell death (known as apoptosis).
CBD impedes the functions of mTOR
mTOR is an oncogene that works against your immune system’s natural defenses, to keep cancer cells alive.
CBD reduces AKT signaling
AKT is a pathway in your body that allows cancer cells to grow and spread and builds your body’s resistance to chemotherapy drugs.
CBD inhibits cyclin D1 in aging cells
Cyclin D1 is a protein found in all human tissue which regulates cell cycles. When cyclin D1 is switched on in old cells (known as overexpression of genes) it prevents cell death and allows damaged, cancer cells to grow.
CBD promotes autophagy
Autophagy is the process by which your body maintains healthy cells. Autophagy assists stressed cells in returning to normal. This process also kills cells that are dangerous and damaged, such as cancerous cells.
Where To Buy CBD Products
Although I’m sure there are many reputable sources for CBD products, I personally buy my CBD drops from Alive Market.
- All Alive Market CBD products are non-GMO and organically-grown with zero pesticides.
- Alive Market products are grown in the United States, in Colorado.
- Alive Market does not till the soil, so the roots are not disturbed. This results in a better end product and also allows for natural decomposition of the previous plant, so the soil is more nutrient-dense.
- Alive Market CBD is what is known as a full-spectrum CBD product, meaning that it contains the entire plant and all of the 113 disease-killing cannabinoids found in hemp. Many other manufacturers tend to isolate and extract the CBD, removing important co-factors and vitamins that aid in the medicinal benefits of the hemp plant.
Right now Alive Market is running a Buy One, Get One 50% Off special, if you use the following code at checkout: B1G1
Talk To Your Physician About Using CBD For Medical Purposes
It’s important to remember that before beginning any treatment or supplement, you should consult with your doctor.
Can Autoimmune Disease Be Reversed? Find Out In This FREE Documentary Series Starting July 31!
- Shrivastava, A., P. M. Kuzontkoski, J. E. Groopman, and A. Prasad. “Cannabidiol Induces Programmed Cell Death in Breast Cancer Cells by Coordinating the Cross-talk between Apoptosis and Autophagy.” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 10, no. 7 (2011): 1161-172. doi:10.1158/1535-7163.mct-10-1100.
- Sultan, Ahmed S., Mona A. Marie, and Salah A. Sheweita. “Novel Mechanism of Cannabidiol-induced Apoptosis in Breast Cancer Cell Lines.” The Breast 41 (June 22, 2018): 34-41. doi:10.1016/j.breast.2018.06.009.