This easy to make, healthy, and oh-so-delicious lemonade slushy will cure any craving for sweets while also detoxifying your body, all without any of the disease-promoting sugar commonly found in lemonade.
Lemons And Your Health
Lemons contain high levels of vitamin C, an antioxidant that is proven to combat cancer-causing free radicals, helps to prevent asthma, increases iron absorption, stimulates the immune system by boosting white blood cell production, and aids in the formation of collagen to keep you looking younger, longer. In fact, just 8 ounces of lemon juice provides 187 percent of your daily recommended dose of vitamin C.
Although lemons are thought of as an acidic food, they’re actually incredibly alkalizing once ingested. This is important because when your body’s pH level remains in an alkaline state, diseases cannot thrive.
In addition to the disease-fighting effects of lemons, they’re also a powerful ally when it comes to detoxifying your body, losing weight, and encouraging proper digestion.
Save Time and Buy Online:
- Juice of 2 Lemons (approximately 4 oz)
- 2 oz 100% Maple Syrup or 5 Medjool Dates, Pitted and Minced
- 2-3 Fresh Mint Leaves (optional but recommended)
- 8 oz Ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and and process until ice is crushed and it reaches the consistency of a slushy drink.
- Serve immediately to retain as much vitamin C as possible.
- Soak dates in the lemon juice for a minimum of 1 hour prior to blending.
- Blend lemon juice and dates first, until the dates have dissolved, then add the remaining ingredients, blend as stated above, and serve immediately.