So often people will say that they know they need to make changes to their diet or lifestyle, but they “don’t have time”. What I always wonder is, where will they find the time when their health crisis occurs? Because, it will occur, and then everything else will come to a screeching halt, and not just for the person that couldn’t find the time to take care of themselves.
So, could you be one of the people I mentioned above? How would you answer the following questions:
- Do you have aches and pains?
- Do you get headaches or even migraines at least once a week?
- Are you taking any prescription medications?
- Has your doctor warned you about your blood pressure or cholesterol levels?
- Do you feel wiped out each day and feel like you need a nap by mid afternoon?
- Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep for at least 7 to 9 hours each night?
Are You Headed For A Health Crisis?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you are that person, and regardless of what mainstream media or your traditional doctor tells you, our bodies are not meant to feel pain and stiffness. We’re also not supposed to experience illness and disease, or have trouble staying awake when the sun is up or staying asleep while the sun is down. It is NOT normal, and it isn’t something that you should just “expect” as you get older. That’s a bunch of BS that people (including many doctors) have propagated over the years. They tell you (and themselves) these lies to explain away the fact that they didn’t take care of themselves when they should have, or because they weren’t trained to help you avoid and prevent illness and disease and they honestly don’t realize that it’s possible. As Dr. Christiane Northrup recently stated on Super Soul Sunday, “Getting older is inevitable. Aging is optional”.
When you feel pain or fatigue, or when your body starts failing, that is a clear sign that you need to change something. It’s your body’s warning signals that are sounding, and they’re telling you that there’s a fire that needs to be put out or a storm that is headed your way. If you choose to ignore these sirens and alarms by either trying to just live with the problem or by taking prescription medications that only cover up the symptoms, your body will continue to sound more, and louder alarms, until you are forced to deal with the real, underlying health issue.
Finding Time To Get Healthy
So… you don’t have time? Then please ask yourself these questions, will you have time to spend weeks or months in the hospital, after you have a major health tragedy or life saving surgery? Will your family have time to visit you in the hospital, every single day, after you experience this life changing event? Will your family have time to help and take care of you while you recuperate, after returning home from this hospital stay? Or, God forbid, how much time will it take your family to move through the grieving process and get their lives back on track if you don’t make it through this event? And, do they have the financial means to deal with such a loss?
Time For Your Health
I’m here to bust you, and take away your excuses! I’m here to shake you by the shoulders and make you realize what it will cost you and your family if you DON’T find the time to work on your health.
What are you doing, and what are you spending your time on, instead of getting yourself healthy and turning back your biological clock?
- If you spend time watching TV at night, you have time to work on your health.
- If you could get up 15 to 30 minutes earlier and work out or pack a healthy lunch, you have time to work on your health.
- If you spend 15 minutes or more each day talking on the phone with friends or family about unimportant things, you have time to work on your health.
- If you lie in bed or on the couch on the weekend and do nothing, you have time to work on your health.
- If you eat every day, you have time to work on your health by simply making better choices.
- If you spend 15 minutes or more each day, on social media or surfing the internet, you have time to work on your health.
What Are Your Choices Costing You?
So, every time you make the choices above ask yourself these questions:
- What are my choices going to cost me and my family if nothing changes or the situation worsens, and is it worth it?
- How much time does my health challenge take out of my life and what am I missing out on because of it? (ie: lying in bed with a headache or illness, work absences, doctor and hospital visits, prescription pick up, outpatient procedures, phone calls to health professionals and insurance companies, etc…)
So, are you sure you can’t find the time to work on your health? Not even 15 minutes for a brisk walk? And keep this phrase in mind, when you start having one sided arguments with me over the next few weeks, “the 15 minute workout you do, is better than the 45 minute workout that you don’t do”. Although I can’t remember where I heard that, but it honestly freed me from my perfectionist tendencies and changed my thought process on just about everything. Now, when you think of that phrase, picture Joe Pesci screaming at you on the witness stand, “Are you sure about that 15 minutes?” ; )
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- CBD Proven To Kill Breast Cancer - July 26, 2018
- Your Diet Can Cause Or Increase Depression - July 13, 2018
- 3 Ways Animal Protein Causes Disease And 7 Tips To Go Plant-Based - May 5, 2018