Plant-Based And Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Thankfully, I don’t suffer from gluten sensitivity or gluten-intolerance. However, I’m always on the lookout for awesome, gluten-free products to share because I know that a tremendous amount of people are not as fortunate, and do struggle with these conditions.
That’s why I wanted to give you the scoop on something that I think is Ahhhhhmazing – CauliPower!
This incredible pizza crust is not only gluten-free, it’s also plant-based and made with the disease-fighting superstar, cauliflower!
Caulipower also sells pre-made pizzas with cheese made from dairy, if you happen to be vegetarian or omnivore rather than following a strictly plant-based diet.
The Health Benefits Of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable. Vegetables that fall into this category contain some of the most powerful disease-preventative compounds on earth called isothiocyanates, including benzyl isothiocyanate, phenethyl isothiocyanate, and sulforaphane.
Isothiocyanates have been shown, in study after study, to protect cells against the oxidative damage, to which we’re all subjected on a daily basis.
In general, isothiocyanates trigger specific events in your body, which cause rogue cancer cells to spontaneously die. And, these incredible compounds prevent the metastasis of cancer as well as the growth of tumors. The most important thing to note is that isothiocyanates, such as sulforaphane, have been proven effective in killing even the most resistant and widespread forms of cancer, including melanoma, leukemia, colon and breast cancer, and many other forms of this terrifying disease(1-3).
In addition, cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, have been proven to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes – two of the top three causes of death in America(4-5).
Have Your Gluten-Free Pizza And Eat It Too
Now those with gluten sensitivity or gluten intolerance can have their pie and eat it too.
These CauliPower gluten-free pizza crusts can be found at numerous stores including Ralphs, Vons, Walmart, Whole Foods, and more. They’re also available on Amazon. Check out their site to find a store near you.
As for me, I’m heading to Whole Foods to pick up this gluten-free pizza crust and Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella, and mama’s makin’ vegan pizza this weekend.
- Shang, Hung-Sheng, Yung-Luen Shih, Ching-Hsiao Lee, Shu-Ching Hsueh, Jia-You Liu, Nien-Chieh Liao, Yung-Liang Chen, Yi-Ping Huang, Hsu-Feng Lu, and Jing-Gung Chung. “Sulforaphane-induced apoptosis in human leukemia HL-60 cells through extrinsic and intrinsic signal pathways and altering associated genes expression assayed by cDNA microarray.” Environmental Toxicology 32, no. 1 (February 02, 2016): 311-28. doi:10.1002/tox.22237.
- Arcidiacono, Paola, Francesco Ragonese, Anna Stabile, Alessandra Pistilli, Ekaterina Kuligina, Mario Rende, Ugo Bottoni, Stefano Calvieri, Andrea Crisanti, and Roberta Spaccapelo. “Antitumor activity and expression profiles of genes induced by sulforaphane in human melanoma cells.” European Journal of Nutrition, September 01, 2017. doi:10.1007/s00394-017-1527-7.
- Liu, Kuo-Ching, Ting-Ying Shih, Chao-Lin Kuo, Yi-Shih Ma, Jiun-Long Yang, Ping-Ping Wu, Yi-Ping Huang, Kuang-Chi Lai, and Jing-Gung Chung. “Sulforaphane Induces Cell Death Through G2/M Phase Arrest and Triggers Apoptosis in HCT 116 Human Colon Cancer Cells.” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine 44, no. 06 (September 15, 2016): 1289-310. doi:10.1142/s0192415x16500725.
- Blekkenhorst, Lauren C., Catherine P. Bondonno, Joshua R. Lewis, Amanda Devine, Kun Zhu, Wai H. Lim, Richard J. Woodman, Lawrence J. Beilin, Richard L. Prince, and Jonathan M. Hodgson. “Cruciferous and Allium Vegetable Intakes are Inversely Associated With 15‐Year Atherosclerotic Vascular Disease Deaths in Older Adult Women.” Journal of the American Heart Association 6, no. 10 (October 24, 2017). doi:10.1161/jaha.117.006558.
- Wang, Ping-Yu, Jun-Chao Fang, Zong-Hua Gao, Can Zhang, and Shu-Yang Xie. “Higher intake of fruits, vegetables or their fiber reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes: A meta-analysis.” Journal of Diabetes Investigation 7, no. 1 (January 22, 2015): 56-69. doi:10.1111/jdi.12376.
Want more plant-based health, fitness, and nutrition information?
Check out Your Plant-Based Guide Conference and secure your seat before prices increase:
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- 3 Ways Animal Protein Causes Disease And 7 Tips To Go Plant-Based - May 5, 2018
- Your Habits Can Prevent Dementia In Your Children - April 18, 2018
- April 16, 2018 New Plant-Based Product Round-Up - April 16, 2018