Awww, the good ole’ days. Remember when women were sexually stimulated to reach orgasm, as a treatment for mental illness? OK, well maybe that’s not a good example of a terrifying medical therapy, since I know women that would probably fake a mental illness in hopes of receiving that treatment ; ) But, there’s also been leach treatments, bloodletting and shock therapy, which were surely not as much fun. I’m also fairly certain that all non-masochistic people would prefer not to try these antiquated and unnecessary practices, regardless of what ails them.
And what do these things have in common? They’re all obsolete methods of treatment that actually did more harm than good, or, at the very least, did absolutely nothing to address the actual medical condition and underlying cause of the problem.
What Chemotherapy And Shock Therapy Have In Common
I believe that one day the world will view chemotherapy and radiation in the same way. I honestly think that it will be akin to the old shock therapy that was used for women that had PMS. And yes, that really was a medical treatment used long ago, to make women more “sane” when they became emotional due to their fluctuating hormones. Obviously, it did nothing to relieve the woman’s symptoms and stress or balance her hormones, just as chemotherapy does nothing to improve a patient’s immune system, remove toxins and reduce inflammation in the body, or flood the patient’s cells with phytonutrients. You know, those things actually prevent and reverse disease? In fact, it’s quite the opposite; both chemo(1-6) and radiation only serve to break the body down and kill everything in their path, including healthy cells and the body’s immune system. That’s the reason why one of the known and listed side effects of chemotherapy and radiation is actually more cancer! Disturbingly, every time an oncologist offers one of these treatments, he or she may be creating repeat business, and they know it.
It’s likely that future generations will look back as say, “WTF? They really thought that it was a good idea to destroy a person’s immune system, to get rid of something that was caused by a malfunctioning immune system?”.
Why Chemo And Radiation Are Still Used
For decades, people have spoken out about the ineffectiveness and danger of chemotherapy and radiation, even some doctors. As usual, those who question the status quo are either ridiculed and deemed “quacks”, or they’re subjected to a dismantling of their life and career, as we’re seeing now with Dr. Oz, who has always been an advocate for the use of alternative and natural health cures.
Oncologists and other health professionals know that chemo and radiation are flawed and dangerous; A 1991 survey(7) showed that a high percentage of oncologists, nurses and radiologists would not consent to chemotherapy or radiation treatment, nor would they recommend either treatment for a spouse or sibling, especially if they were diagnosed with lung or colon cancer. This is particularly alarming, as oncologists regularly advise lung and colon cancer patients to undergo chemo and radiation. It’s also quite clear that this advice is not only hypocritical, but it is actually detrimental, considering the 2015 statistics for cancer deaths and survival rates:
- Lung cancer accounts for more cancer deaths than any other cancer in men and women according the American Cancer Society.
- Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer according to the American Cancer Society.
- Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths according the American Cancer Society.
- The 5 year survival rate for the average lung cancer patient is 17 percent according to the American Cancer Society.
- The 10 year survival rate for the average colorectal patient is 58 percent according to the American Cancer Society.
Given the stats above, chemo and radiation are clearly NOT working!
So why hasn’t the truth surfaced yet and why do most oncologists still push these two methods as the only option? Because, unlike shock therapy and bloodletting, there are hundreds of billions of dollars in annual revenue(8,9) at stake. Of course, if pharmaceutical companies were making billions using leaches, we’d still be using that archaic method as well.
Money, of course, is why the government tries to shut down anyone that introduces alternative, non-toxic cancer treatments, such as Dr Stanislaw Burzynski or Dr Max Gerson. To see and hear about these remarkable men and the non-toxic cancer cures they discovered, check out Burzynski, The Movie and The Gerson Miracle. Unfortunately, none of us in the United States are allowed to receive these life saving treatments, as you’ll find out in the documentaries. Our government will not allow it, even if we want to use it.
The Root Of All Evil
This is why everyone needs to come together to get money out of politics. As long as our government is run by people who are beholden to corporations that paid to put them in office and pay them to cast votes that will make the corporations more money, we will never be free to choose the medical treatments that are best for us. We will continue to be stuck with the same outdated, dangerous treatments that only serve to make a lot of money for the people and companies that produce them.
Additionally, the truth will continue to be withheld and hidden from us regarding why disease rates continue to increase. Lets face it, with the trillions of dollars that have been donated for “cancer research”, do we really still believe that they don’t have anything better to offer than chemo and radiation? The truth is, there’s no money in finding a real cure for any disease, and there’s really no money to be made by telling everyone the truth out about disease prevention.
Considering that the average oncologist made 290,000.00 in 2013, and only 48 percent of female oncologists and 54 percent of male oncologists surveyed were happy with their salary, it’s unlikely that they would be interested in decreasing their income even further, by telling their patients that cancer can be cured without the toxic treatments that they suggest.
Find out more about true cancer prevention and alternative cancer treatments at The Truth About Cancer website.
- cancer.net – Long Term Side Effects of Cancer Treatment, 2015 July
- Aidan JC, Priddee NR, McAleer JJ – Chemotherapy causes cancer! A case report of therapy related acute myeloid leukaemia in early stage breast cancer, Ulster Med J. 2013 May; 82(2): 97–99
- Aleman BM, van den Belt-Dusebout AW, Klokman WJ, Van’t Veer MB, Bartelink H, van Leeuwen FE – Long-term cause-specific mortality of patients treated for Hodgkin’s disease, J Clin Oncol. 2003 Sep 15;21(18):3431-9. Epub 2003 Jul 28
- Chaudhary UB, Haldas JR – Long-term complications of chemotherapy for germ cell tumours, Drugs. 2003;63(15):1565-77
- cancer.org, American Cancer Society – How Does Radiation Therapy Affect The Risk of Second Cancers?
- Gilbert ES – Ionizing Radiation and Cancer Risks: What Have We Learned From Epidemiology?, Int J Radiat Biol. 2009 Jun; 85(6): 467-482 doi: 10.1080/09553000902883836
- Lind SE, DelVecchio Good MJ, Minkovitz CS, Good BJ – Oncologists Vary In Their Willingness To Undertake Anti-Cancer Therapies, Br.J.Cancer (1991), 64,391-395
- BBCnews.com, Anderson R – Pharmaceutical Industry Gets High On Fat Profits, 2014 Nov
- http://www.who.int/trade/glossary/story073/en/ , World Health Organization- Pharmaceutical Industry
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- Your Habits Can Prevent Dementia In Your Children - April 18, 2018
- April 16, 2018 New Plant-Based Product Round-Up - April 16, 2018
- What Is Anthocyanin And How Can It Save Your Life? - March 29, 2018