The Cheap And Natural Way To Cure Metastatic Prostate Cancer
In the video below I explain that while researchers were searching for answers to the absence of two tumor-suppressor genes in patients with metastatic prostate cancer, they happened to stumble upon a non-toxic, cheap, and completely natural way to prevent prostate cancer from spreading in the body – a low-fat, vegan diet.
In case you don’t have time to watch the eleven-minute video, here are the most important takeaways and details:
- Prostate cancer is not necessarily life-threatening, until it metastasizes to other parts of the body.
- Scientists have found it difficult to study this type of cancer because they couldn’t replicate metastatic prostate cancer in the test mice. Although test mice were injected with the cancer cells and would develop cancer of the prostate, the cancer refused to spread.
- A large percentage of patients with metastatic prostate cancer are missing two important tumor suppressor genes known as PTEN and PML.
- Environmental and lifestyle factors play a role in not only the development of prostate cancer, but also the progression and spread of the cancer, particularly the consumption of the Western diet (aka: the Standard American Diet).
- Metastatic prostate tumors produce large quantities of lipids (fat).
- An obesity drug developed in 2009 and still under investigation – fatostatin – has been shown to halt the tumor’s fat production which then caused the tumors to recede and prevented metastasis.
- In considering the fat-cancer connection, scientists realized why they had always found it difficult to incite metastatic prostate cancer in the study mice: mice used for testing are fed a low-fat, vegan diet.
- When scientists began to feed the mice a diet that more resembles the average American male’s diet – one with higher levels of saturated fats, like those found in animal foods – “the mice developed aggressive, metastatic tumors.”
Pandolfi, and Chen. “Flipping the Switch: Dietary Fat, Changes in Fat Metabolism May Promote Prostate Cancer Metastasis.” Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. January 15, 2018. http://www.bidmc.org/News/PRLandingPage/2018/January/Pandolfi-Chen.aspx.
Want More Health Information And To Find Out How To Easily Transition To A Vegan Diet?
Visit YourPlantBasedGuideConference.com And Grab Your Tickets To The Two-Day Health Conference!
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- CBD Proven To Kill Breast Cancer - July 26, 2018
- Your Diet Can Cause Or Increase Depression - July 13, 2018
- 3 Ways Animal Protein Causes Disease And 7 Tips To Go Plant-Based - May 5, 2018