For those of you who don’t know me and my story, let me just start off by saying that I was a hot mess for many years. I was sick ALL the time and missed out on a lot in life due to constant colds and flus which would quickly morph into a horrific sinus infection that would last for weeks.
Having said that, you can imagine how amazed I was when I switched to a plant-based diet and completely stopped getting sick. And when I say “completely stopped getting sick,” I mean nada, nothin’, zilch, zippo! My husband and kids (still meat eaters) would come home coughing, sneezing, and with stuffy noses, but I remained healthy for OVER THREE YEARS STRAIGHT! It was mind blowing!
Three Solid Years Without Getting Sick, And Then…
And then it happened – I got sick. And not just any kinda sick. I got the flu, which again, to my dismay, turned into a sinus infection by day 2. Needless to say, I was beyond upset and depressed wondering if I was going to be right back in that place that I thought I had left behind for good, and sick all the time.
So, what did I do? Well, I kicked into high-gear and pulled every trick I had out of my health coach and vegan training bags. I drank tons of green juice, rinsed my nasal passages with saline three times a day, and loaded up on supplements and detox elixirs… all to no avail.
By day four I was completely beside myself. I was determined not to cave and take antibiotics again, and I was even more determined to rid myself of this beastly infection in less than two to three weeks, as I hadn’t been able to achieve pre-plant-based diet. But, I was miserable. My entire body felt as though it was being ravaged with infection; every part of me ached, my mucus was thick and the color of Shrek (gross, but true), my throat was on fire, and my head felt like it weighed a million pounds.
The Natural Way To Get Rid Of An Infection, Cold, or Flu
That’s when I remembered some of the studies that I had come across when writing my books. Many studies mentioned foods and spices which act as antibiotics and are able to fight infection naturally. Looking for a home remedy had begun.
I began searching through my research and making a list. From that list, I threw together what ended up being a miracle concoction that you can make with ingredients that almost everyone already has in their pantry.
I Cured My Sinus Infection Within Hours
Within minutes of downing the beverage I felt SO much better, and within a matter of hours – YES, HOURS – my sinus infection and all symptoms were gone. My headache, fever, congestion, green mucus, and sore throat had completely vanished and my lungs opened up and I could breathe without the use of an inhaler or nebulizer once again.
Since then I’ve given my recipe to friends and family and they too had miraculous-like recoveries from illness and asthma attacks.
Now, I will warn you, this drink will take your breath away for a moment, and it tastes like a super-concentrated salad dressing. But it’s SO worth it!
How These Foods Cure Infection, Cold, And Flu
The reason these ingredients kick ass when it comes to infection or virus is because they’re all extremely potent anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and anti-viral substances(1-7). In fact, garlic alone has been proven to be far more ffective at killing the deadly MRSA virus than the most powerful antibiotics known to man.
In addition, each of these ingredients reduce inflammation throughout the body, and apple cider vinegar moves your blood from an acidic state to an alkaline state, which is necessary in the prevention and reversal illness and disease.
Consuming these substances in their whole-food form makes them some of the most potent infection, fungus, virus, and parasite-fighting agents in the world.
Grab the recipe below and let me know how it helped you heal your body in the comment section. And, as always, if your symptoms persist or worsen, seek medical attention immediately.
Save Time – Shop Online:
- 1/8 C Onion, Chopped
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (depending on size)
- 1 TBSP Fresh Oregano or 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/8 Inch Fresh Ginger or 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Place onions, garlic, oregano, and ginger in a blender.
- Pour enough apple cider vinegar into the blender, to just cover the other ingredients.
- Blend on high until liquified.
- Drink two shots of the blended beverage immediately.
- Repeat as necessary. Drinking this for two consecutive days is recommended, to really knock out a stubborn infection, cold, or flu.
- Alternately - Although it will not work as fast, if you truly cannot stand the flavor or it is too strong, you can take each of the ingredients in tablet/pill form, as per the manufacturers directions.
- Goncagul, Gulsen, and Erol Ayaz. “Antimicrobial Effect of Garlic (Allium sativum) and Traditional Medicine.” Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 9, no. 1 (January 04, 2010): 1-4. doi:10.3923/javaa.2010.1.4.
- Wallock-Richards, Daynea, Catherine J. Doherty, Lynsey Doherty, David J. Clarke, Marc Place, John R. W. Govan, and Dominic J. Campopiano. “Garlic Revisited: Antimicrobial Activity of Allicin-Containing Garlic Extracts against Burkholderia cepacia Complex.” PLoS ONE 9, no. 12 (December 01, 2014). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0112726.
- Azu, N., and R. Onyeagba. “Antimicrobial Properties Of Extracts Of Allium cepa (Onions) And Zingiber officinale (Ginger) On Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhi And Bacillus subtilis.” The Internet Journal of Tropical Medicine 3, no. 2 (2006). doi:10.5580/1f5e.
- Malu, S.p, G.o Obochi, E.n Tawo, and B.e Nyong. “Antibacterial activity and medicinal properties of ginger (Zingiber officinale).” Global Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences 15, no. 3-4 (2009). doi:10.4314/gjpas.v15i3-4.48561.
- Sebiomo, A., A. D. Awofodu, A. O. Awosanya, F. E. A Wotona, and A. J. Ajayi. “Comparative studies of antibacterial effect of some antibiotics and ginger ( Zingiber officinale ) on two pathogenic bacteria .” Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials 3(1) (January 2011): 18-22. http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1380017545_Sebiomo%20et%20al.pdf.
- Mehreen, Arifa, Muzzamil Waheed, Iram Liaqat, and Najma Arshad. “Phytochemical, Antimicrobial, and Toxicological Evaluation of Traditional Herbs Used to Treat Sore Throat.” BioMed Research International 2016 (June 26, 2016): 1-9. doi:10.1155/2016/8503426.
- Entani, Etsuzo, Mito Asai, Shigetomo Tsujihata, Yoshinori Tsukamoto, and Michio Ohta. “Antibacterial Action of Vinegar against Food-Borne Pathogenic Bacteria Including Escherichia coliO157:H7.” Journal of Food Protection 61, no. 8 (August 1998): 953-59. doi:10.4315/0362-028x-61.8.953.
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- 3 Ways Animal Protein Causes Disease And 7 Tips To Go Plant-Based - May 5, 2018
- Your Habits Can Prevent Dementia In Your Children - April 18, 2018
- April 16, 2018 New Plant-Based Product Round-Up - April 16, 2018