Potent Compounds Found Only In Plant Foods
Anthocyanin is a type of phytonutrient that can only be found in deep red, blue, and purple-colored plant foods such as beets, purple potatoes, blueberries, and other fruits and vegetables with similar, rich colors.
Phytonutrients are directly responsible for the prevention and reversal of disease and illness.
How Anthocyanin Compounds Can Save Your Life
These natural compounds have been shown to prevent and reverse just about every major disease and health issue known to man(1). I’ve compiled list of the health benefits of anthocyanin below:
Improved Immune System Function
When you ingest anthocyanin, your cytokine levels increase. This is important for your immune system because cytokines are molecules which help cells communicate in your body, to stimulate your immune system when you’re suffering from internal inflammation, disease, or an infection.
Protection Against Hormone-Related Disease And Disorders
Anthocyanin produces what is known as an estrogenic effect. This means that they help to regulate your production of estrogen – a hormone that is often involved in the development of disease when there is too much or too little in your body.
Protection Against Inflammation-Based Disease And Illness
As mentioned above, anthocyanins have anti-inflammatory properties. Since we now know that internal inflammation is the basis for all disease, these phytonutrients are essential in the prevention and reversal the most life-threatening health issues of our time. They’re also crucial in the prevention and reversal of life-altering afflictions such as arthritis, and other maladies rooted in inflammation.
Protection And Improvement Of Vision
Studies show that the consumption of anthocyanin improves vision by restoring a protein called rhodopsin. This protein, which is found in the retina, is responsible for converting light into electrical signals.
It has also been found that anthocyanin can enhance vision by repairing photoreceptor cells. This is done by suppressing pro-inflammatory molecules(2).
Improved Memory And Motor Function
Anthocyanin has been proven to improve memory and motor function, and to also reverse symptoms of age-related memory and motor function decline.
Obesity And Diabetes Prevention
When added to a high-fat diet, anthocyanin reduces sugar and insulin levels and prevents the secretion of excess leptin in the body – a hormone that stimulates your appetite and results in increased body fat when levels are high.
In addition, the consumption of anthocyanin has been shown to reduce swelling of the pancreas – an organ that is directly involved in the prevention or development of diabetes.
In addition to the anti-inflammatory effects of anthocyanin, these vital phytonutrients protect you against the initiation and metastasis of cancer in several ways including the way in which they work ward off oxidative stress (a sort of internal rusting in your body) and repair damaged DNA.
Anthocyanin also blocks specific pathways (a term used to describe certain changes to proteins, enzymes, etc…) that lead to the inception and proliferation of cancer.
Prevention And Reversal Of Cardiovascular Disease
Consuming anthocyanin compounds is believed to prevent and reverse diseases of the cardiovascular system by protecting your body and cells from oxidative stress and initiating the release of nitric oxide in your body to relax the walls of blood vessels, so that there is more room for blood to flow where it’s needed.
Anthocyanin is also responsible for strengthening your capillary walls and preventing the formation of platelets which can cause clots in your arteries and lead to a major cardiac event.
In fact, a study of women performed in the United Kingdom showed that anthocyanin intake reduced the risk of heart attack by 32 percent(3). This is very exciting news, considering that heart disease remains the number one cause of death in the United States, with women outnumbering men in the statistics.
- Lin, Meng-Liang, Yao-Cheng Lu, Jing-Gung Chung, Yi-Chen Li, Shyang-Guang Wang, Sue-Hwee Ng, Chia-Yin Wu, Hong-Lin Su, and Shih-Shun Chen. “Aloe-emodin Induces Apoptosis of Human Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Cells via Caspase-8-mediated Activation of the Mitochondrial Death Pathway.” Cancer Letters 291, no. 1 (May 1, 2010): 46-58. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19942342.
- Miyake, Seiji, Noriko Takahashi, Mariko Sasaki, Saori Kobayashi, Kazuo Tsubota, and Yoko Ozawa. “Vision Preservation during Retinal Inflammation by Anthocyanin-rich Bilberry Extract: Cellular and Molecular Mechanism.” Laboratory Investigation 92, no. 1 (September 05, 2011): 102-09. doi:10.1038/labinvest.2011.132.
- Cassidy, Aedín, Kenneth J. Mukamal, Lydia Liu, Mary Franz, A. Heather Eliassen, and Eric B. Rimm. “High Anthocyanin Intake Is Associated With a Reduced Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Young and Middle-Aged WomenClinical Perspective.” Circulation 127, no. 2 (January 14, 2013): 188-96. doi:10.1161/circulationaha.112.122408.
Want More Life-Saving Nutrtiton Information?
Join Us At Your Plant-Based Guide Conference and save $40.00 for a limited time!
Gina became passionately obsessed about spreading the message of natural healing after transforming her health and healing her body of life-long conditions with the power of a plant-based diet.
Please note: Information provided on this website is presented for educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any medical condition. The information is not intended to replace medical advice or treatments prescribed by a qualified healthcare professional. It is simply intended as a sharing of knowledge and information based on the opinions, research, and experience of the author.
Latest posts by Gina Bonanno Lemos (see all)
- 3 Ways Animal Protein Causes Disease And 7 Tips To Go Plant-Based - May 5, 2018
- Your Habits Can Prevent Dementia In Your Children - April 18, 2018
- April 16, 2018 New Plant-Based Product Round-Up - April 16, 2018